Journalling on your Mac and in your pocket!!
Keeping a personal diary has never been easier, more flexible, or more fun.
viJournal M is a mobile version of viJournal, the popular application for the Mac. You can use it on its own, or for real journalling heaven, integrated with its desktop cousin.*
It’s a powerful little hunk of journal-writing goodness. Here’s what you can do:
- Multiple journals. Have a personal journal, another for project notes, diet records - whatever you like.
- Organise your thoughts into “sessions”, so that each day has focused areas or periods.
- Entry tagging. Tag your entries with named, coloured tags. Instant tag-filtered entry listing.
- Add photos to your entries from your Photo Albums or your iPhone camera.
- Browse entries three different ways: indexed, plain list, or calendar (with optional four-month view).
- View entries in full-page or summary modes (handy for entries with lots of sessions or photos).
- Type in landscape or portrait mode.
You also get control over fonts, appearance, and instant time/date insertion with a multiple tap.
Keep intrusive noses out of your private thoughts by switching on passcode security, with an optional settings lock and (also optional) a convenient neutral interval to save you entering your passcode if you’ve just been a away a minute or two.
ONTO YOUR DESKTOP - AND BACK AGAIN
Getting your entries from your iPhone or iPod touch onto your desktop couldn’t be simpler. For best results, send them to viJournal or viJournal Lite (free!) on your Mac*, where you can take advantage of advanced features like blogging and live video input - create a video diary integrated with your writing, enhanced by the photos and notes you take when you’re out and about with your iPhone.** If you have the shareware version of viJournal, you can sync your journals both ways.***
Transferring entries is passcode-protected, so there’s no risk of your stuff going astray. Only updated entries get sent, and are integrated seamlessly with your desktop journals.
If you don’t have a Mac, you can email your entries, using either Apple Mail or viJournal M’s own built-in email client.
* Mac version of viJournal requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later. Sending entries requires a Wi-Fi connection. viJournal is shareware, viJournal Lite is free.
** Blogging and video entry only available in the shareware version of viJournal for Mac.
*** Two-way sync requires viJournal 2.1.2 or later. viJournal Lite supports only iPhone-to-Mac transfer.