DrDrugs®: Drug Guide for Physicians sets new standards for drug references by increasing its focus on safe practice and effective patient care. This latest update is based on the 12th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
In addition to providing the most comprehensive drug resource, DrDrugs® includes over 800 built in drug dosing calculation tools. Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step. This resource can be fully cross-indexed with all of Skyscape's 500+ nursing and medical references.
Key Features Include:
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products.
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available).
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient.
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients.
- New indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs.
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations.
- A complete immunization schedule.
- Special techniques for administering medications to children.
- Oral rehydration solutions.
- Drugs and breast feeding.
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly.
- Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury.
- "Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted.
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes.
Content updates for 12 months and 90 days phone support (chat and email for a year) are included with your purchase.
ABOUT SKYSCAPE on iPhone and iPod touch
This app will install your new resource into the Skyscape Medical Resources environment. All Skyscape titles (over 500 of them, for all professions and specialties) and services like MedAlert™ and CME-STAT™ (coming soon) are accessed from within this environment.
Using our award winning technologies, including the patented SmartLink, Skyscape coordinates resources for drug information, interactions, clinical information, calculators, tools, clinical trial and research updates. We provide a single point of entry and seamless integration of resources, providing the best user experience for point of care decision support and research needs.
MEDICAL INFORMATION UNIVERSE
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 of the most highly regarded publishers in healthcare content as well as major medical associations, leading healthcare institutions, government agencies, and well-respected clinicians. The result is the largest and most trusted portfolio of mobile medical resources available for the iPhone and iPod touch.
From within the Skyscape Medical Resources app, choose the Universe page to see the full range of titles and tools for your profession and specialty.