* The first and only iPhone and iPod Touch application dedicated to finding exercise routes (not creating them yet...) from the premiere route mapping site, WalkJogRun.net with over half a million routes worldwide created by people just like you!
* Featured in Rick Broida's "Four Killer iPhone apps for runners", CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "If you're a hardcore runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn’t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated" Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
* GeekSugar's website of the day 5/7/2009
The first and only iPhone and iPod Touch application dedicated to finding exercise routes from the premiere route mapping site, WalkJogRun.net.
Uses the iPhone and iPod Touch’s built-in location services and maps to find routes where you are.
Members can see their public and private routes in one convenient place.
Over half a million routes worldwide created by people just like you!
TRAINING PLANS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
* 23 training plans created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners World
* A plan for everyone! New to seasoned walkers and runners.
* Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced training plans
* 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans
* Walk, Walk+Run, Run+Walk, Run plans
* An absolute beginner plan "Run your first 5k" for those of you still recovering from the holidays!
* Visual alerts with the training goal for the day to help you stay on track.
* Plans require an extra purchase but are yours to keep and reuse as long as you need them
RUNNING ROUTES IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
* Find exercise routes near you based on your geo-location and see them on a map.
* NO ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
* Find running routes in over 6.9 million cities
* Routes can be zoomed in and out to get a closer look
* See your progress on the map while you run by following the blue current location dot
* View the details for each route, including the total distance, when it was created and who created it.
* See how many calories you'll burn by entering your weight
* Set your pace to see the total time for each route
* Log in to your free WalkJogRun.net account and see all your routes in one convenient place
* Choose miles or kilometers (in the Settings app)
* Share the app with friends by email, facebook or twitter, write reviews and contact us with feedback
WHAT THIS APP DOESN'T LET YOU DO YET
* Real-time route tracking using the GPS. Since you have to keep your phone on the entire time you're tracking, we felt it wasn't practical at this time.
* Create or edit routes on the phone.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area. Whether you're walking, jogging, running or cycling the app can help you follow a training plan for a marathon, triathlon, 10k, 5k, century ride or just for fitness or weight loss.
* Frequent travelers or recent transplants to a new city who may not be familiar with their surroundings and are looking for places to run.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.