Try Inspire and you will quickly see that it is a painting app like no other! The key feature is the simulation of wet oil paint on canvas, allowing amazing blending effects with five real kinds of brushes. You will be stunned by what you can do with a dry brush!
"...it’s like the other painting apps are kids crayons and this is a proper set of Artists oils. You can almost smell the linseed oil."
- Andy Cook (allaboutiphone.net)
"Hands-down, Inspire is the most addictive and fun painting app available for the iPhone..."
- Michael Essany (theiphoneappreview.com)
"Very enjoyable painting app. The blending feature is awesome... To anyone looking for a similar to Painter painting experience on the iPhone, I strongly recommend Inspire."
- Thierry Schiel (fingerpainted.it)
"One of the greatest features of this app is just how much control you have over what your brush strokes look like and what they actually do to the painting."
- David Hayward (appshouter.com)
"Inspire was one of my favorites out of all the iPhone painting apps I've reviewed so far."
- Sue Chastain (about.com)
Full Retina display support with laser-sharp graphics.
- Five realistic paint brushes to choose from: a flat brush, round brush, fan brush, palette knife and clumped brush.
- Each brush comes in many different sizes and can be rotated a full 360 degrees.
- Brushes can be loaded with different amounts of paint, including no paint at all for a dry brush.
- Varying amounts of pressure can be used with a dry brush to achieve many different kinds of blending effects.
- Paint actually "breaks" as it depletes off the palette knife, allowing techniques such as layering and the creation of textures.
- All brushes can be used as an eraser, controlled by the pressure.
- The location and behavior of individual bristles are completely randomized in every way, ensuring that no two brush strokes ever look exactly the same.
- Two different canvas sizes to choose from: 320 x 480 and 480 x 480 (4th generation devices: 640 x 960 and 960 x 960).
- The intuitive painting menu completely disappears when dismissed and rotates to accommodate the current orientation of the device.
- There are 8 hotspots around the edge of the screen that can be tapped to perform commonly used actions quickly and easily.
- 200 (4th generation devices: 1000) levels of undo and redo are available.
- Choose any paint color you can dream of right away with the natural color picker.
- Your latest colors are saved automatically as you paint and can be selected from a palette.
- You can save your favorite colors while painting with drag and drop.
- The eye dropper tool can be used to select paint colors that are already on the canvas and can be invoked using a tap and hold gesture.
- The canvas can be moved around and zoomed in and out up to 3200%.
- Canvas locations can be conveniently zoomed in on using a double-tap gesture.
- Brush strokes can be painted on the canvas at a fully customizable offset location relative to where the screen is actually touched.
Saving, Importing and Exporting
- Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos.
- Images can be imported from your Photos and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas.
- Paintings can be sent via email from within the app, attached as uncompressed PNG image files.
- Paintings can be uploaded directly to Flickr.
- Paintings can be exported at resolutions of up to 6 times the original in both PNG and JPEG formats using the free Inspire Exporter app available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Visit KiwiPixel.com for more screenshots, videos and paintings in the gallery.