JOY IS MEASURABLE.
Driving pleasure in tenths of a second and m/s²: You drive. The BMW M Power Meter measures.
Using integrated movement sensors, your iPhone or iPod Touch can record the performance data of your driving. For example, your fastest quarter of a mile, your best 0 to 100 km/h time or your highest speed in a bend. And because the last ten results are saved, you are able to compare your performance with others.
This is how it works: you need to position your iPhone in your vehicle as described below and start the BMW Power Meter Application. Select your preferred mode: continual monitoring or acceleration to a specific speed or over a specified distance. The following data can be displayed in real time:
- Speed (mph / km/h)
- Forward acceleration (Forward g)
- Lateral acceleration (Lateral g)
- Travel time for a specified distance (e.g. 100 m)
- Acceleration to a specific speed (e.g. 0 - 200 km/h)
Measurement begins as soon as you start driving.
To ensure the measurements are as accurate as possible, please note the following:
- The vehicle must be stationary to start recording the measurements
- The measurements should be recorded on a level road without steep inclines
- The iPhone should either be upright (e.g. in a holder) or laid flat facing the exact direction you are driving in to ensure the measurements are accurate
- Once the iPhone is in place, press "Start" and accept the conditions screen by pressing "Accept”. Then commence driving, The iPhone should remain stationary during the measurement.
- Then accelerate until you have reached the target speed or until you have covered the specified distance.
Tailor your BMW M Power Meter to meet your personal style and that of your car: you can find sleek Chrome and sophisticated Carbon skins at www.bmw.com/powermeter where you will receive a code enabling you to access the skins.
One last piece of important information:
Please always give first priority to your safety and to that of others on the road. Only by adhering to the speed limits and driving carefully and responsibly can one truly enjoy measurable driving pleasure to its full extent.
And now: get ready for the next chapter of BMW M.
This application is intended for entertainment only! The measurement will start automatically when you start driving. Please make sure you drive carefully, adhere to all speed limits and traffic regulations in your respective country and come to a safe standstill before you check your measurements. Do not use the application for speeding or racing. Do not check the display while driving. BMW cannot be held responsible for any damage inflicted on persons or objects of any amount. BMW is not liable for malfunctions of iPhone or loss of data resulting from use of the application. The use of this application is at your own risk. Measurements will deviate from actual values and do not reflect any official or other measurements of BMW AG. Values may vary and are subject to change depending on different conditions.
Requirements: compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 2.2. or above.