Replicate™ is a collection of produtivity tools designed to maximum your utility of your iPhone and iPod touch by enabling the remote control of your iPhone / iPod touch from your computer. It works by replicating your iPhone's (and iPod touch's) screen and basic functions unto your computer, so that you can view and control various functions of your iPhone remotely from your computer. Replicate™ works from any computer that has a web browser.
* With Replicate™ you can remotely access, view and browse the web from your computer using your iPhone, even when you do not have an external internet connection on your computer.
* With Replicate™ you can remotely control the iPod module on your iPhone / iPod touch. Start, stop, pause, skip songs and change the volume of your iPod remotely, without leaving your computer.
* Replicate™ also includes Document Storage, Printing, Faxing, Viewing, and much more...
* Replicate™ Pro supports mobile-to-mobile screen and document sharing. With the Pro version, you can use your iPhone/iPod touch to remotely view and share files with another iPhone/iPod touch running Replicate™
- Replicate™ includes a comprehensive Documents Module with document storage, sharing, viewing, printing, faxing, emailing, and more! Document Viewer supports wide range of document types including PDF, Word, Excel, PNG, GIF, JPEG, Text, HTML and much more!
- Print directly to networked printers - no computer required! Or print to shared printers connected to Mac or Linux computers. Shared printing does not require installation of any companion software on your computer.
- Fax any document any where! Replicate™ supports faxing of a wide range of documents types to over 250 regions around the world. Supported documents include Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF, JPEG, GIF, Open Office documents, and much more. Faxing does not require a subscription or signup. Initial purchase includes two coverpage designs and four free fax units, enough to send four fax pages to any US location. Additional fax units and cover pages are available on demand via In-App purchases.
- Replicate™ includes a Web Downloader module. Access and download web documents directly unto your iPhone/iPod touch.
To access or control your iPhone / iPod from your computer, your phone and computer need to be on the same Wifi network. Use a pre-existing Wifi or create an Ad-Hoc Wifi using your computer. If you do not have an internet connected Wi-fi, you will still be able to browse the web using the 3G or Edge cellular connection on your iPhone by setting up an Ad-Hoc wifi and connecting to Replicate™'s web view. No special software is needed.
To share the screen of your iPhone/iPod with another iPhone/iPod, (available on the Pro version only) both phones will need to be on a shared Wifi network. Launch Replicate™ Pro on both phones and select the mRemote Module. Replicate™ Pro will automatically scan and display nearby phones running Replicate™ Pro. Select and display the screen of any nearby iPhone by selecting its "Details Disclosure" button.
To upload, download and view documents from your iPhone using a computer, both computer and phone need to be on a shared Wifi. Replicate™ enables both web-based access and server-based access.
Replicate™ Pro consists of 5 functional modules (4 modules on the non-Pro version):
1. Documents Module (Store, Share, View, Print, Fax, Email documents including PDF, Word, Excel, etc)
2. mRemote Module (Mobile-to-Mobile screen and document sharing ) *Available only in the Pro version.
3. WebTool (Access web pages from your iPhone, then view and control from your computer)
4. PodController (Access and control iPod on your iPhone from your computer)
5. Fax Center (Manage Faxes and Cover Sheets, View Fax Status, etc)