GPS Tracks turns your iPhone into a fully-featured handheld GPS device. GPS Tracks records your location in real-time and lets you use other iPhone apps while it keeps tracking.
See your trail overlaid onto a Google map in real time; add, remove, and edit waypoints; email track logs; and much more.
GPS Tracks will create a universal GPX file from your track data. Use it to see your trail in apps like Google Earth, geotag any photos you took with a separate camera, or track your exercise progress! GPS Tracks is so simple and flexible that the possibilities are endless.
Full feature list:
- Use other apps on your iPhone without having to quit GPS Tracks because it leverages multitasking in iOS 4 to run in the background
- Track your location, including elevation if you have an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4, in real-time
- Get a live view of your current track on a Google map
- Add, remove, and rename waypoints
- Export your GPS data as universal GPX files via email
- Simple and easy to use
- Configure the GPS settings to find the best mix between GPS accuracy and battery life appropriate for your needs
- Select either metric or English units
- Rename or delete old track logs
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.