United States Wikitravel provides complete copy of the travel guides relevant to United States from the Wikitravel website, containing thousands of travel guides, on your iPhone/iPod - meaning no internet access is required to search and view articles. This app is the fastest and simplest way to browse the Wikitravel articles relevant to your next journey- and it works in a plane, on top of a mountain, in a tunnel, and in other countries. (Or, if you're an iPod Touch user, whenever you don't have wifi.) In short, the perfect companion for your next journey!
When you first launch United States Wikitravel, you will be required to download a copy of the United States Wikitravel database, which will occupy about 10MB of space on your device.
- No internet access required
- Complete text of the English Wikitravel articles relevant to the United States*
- Instantaneous search of article titles
- Fully functional links between articles
- Navigation trail
Please note that this application's developers are in no way affiliated with the Wikimedia Foundation. However, a portion of the revenues will be donated to the Wikimedia Foundation to support their work.
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.