Ideas, stories, and life’s events. Capture them in a single journal that’s easy to carry and offers more than bound sheets.
Chronicle is simple. It's an effective way to start writing more, now. More importantly, the app protects what you write. Export your journal and read it on your computer or enable the Dropbox feature to store your backups in the cloud.
Take a break from your social network. Write comfortably and benefit from being able to find anything you wrote with built-in search. Search results include relevant snippets of text so you can easily find the exact entry you’re looking for.
Start keeping a journal or diary. Organize chapters for a novel. Jot down notes and ideas. You can always export what you’ve written for safekeeping.
Thank you to all early supporters for the great feedback!
You can export your entire journal as a website. Browse on your computer, archive it, or upload it to let everyone see. See a picture of this on the app's website.
NEW: Create backup files and save them to your computer. You can always import them again if you lose data (or lose your iPad). You can even import backup files that you create using the iPhone version of this app!
The app is able to use Dropbox to store your backups in the cloud. It also makes moving your writing between your iPad and iPhone easy.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* "This is a developer who cares about quality product and is willing to consider any feature and solve any problem." - rbart09 on v1.0.6
* "Be assured that even with zero changes, this app is a real winner and a bargain at that!" - DeborahJay on v1.0
* "This is an elegant app that makes journaling with the iPad a snap, pretty much any time anywhere." - chaletchic on v1.0.3
* "I love the ease of use and simplicity, it really promotes getting your ideas down quickly and efficiently." - Tim Thomas on v1.0.2
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Distraction free writing ✍ in portrait or landscape mode
* Pick your font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Make your text lighter or darker with a tap
* Adjust the date of your entries by tapping the date
* Add photos from your library and slide them where you want
* Pinch to resize photos. Use two fingers to rotate.
* Customize your journal by picking your own background color
* Calendar view makes viewing entries across months easy
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* A couple options for displaying and appending timestamps
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Photo browser lets you view and zoom photos by tapping them
* Option to password protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Export the text of your journal by email
* Export your journal as a website for browsing on your computer (save via iTunes sync)
* Export your journal’s text to Google Docs online
* Create a PDF version of your writing - your font choice is used for the exported copy too
* Tag each entry with a badge icon to indicate moods, events, themes
* Quickly navigate to other entries with the up/down buttons, like in Mail
* Resume fast; Chronicle remembers the last entry you were on.
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
If you need more than one journal, consider the Chapters productivity app.
Thank you for all of the emails with compliments and suggestions! Please consider rating the app or leaving a review to help keep things balanced.
If you have a problem or you're upset about something, the only way I can help you is if you contact me. Please try that first and give me a chance.
* Swipe across a row to delete an entry.
* Photos are free floating, scrapbook style
* Tap the date to create a back-dated entry
See more screenshots at http://slidetorock.com
Please contact me at slidetorock.com with any questions or suggestions.