THE RACING SAILOR'S GUIDE
You-Tack! is the first iPhone app to offer the official ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing with illustrations, explanations, 3D Animated Quizzes with a Scoreboard to track your answers, images of all the Racing Signals with detailed descriptions, and Definitions with clear illustrations. It’s easy to use, with cross-links between the rules and definitions. Learn the rules with the illustrations, the explanations, and the 3D quizzes - which will test your knowledge in various real life situations, track the rules you’re unsure of, and allow you to keep them in your Favorites folder, so you can quickly brush up before the next race, or after it’s over, on the club porch.
- The rules are the official rules from The International Sailing Association Federation, current to January 2010, as printed in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009 - 2012 (RRS) .
- Within each Rule there are hyperlinks to other noted Rules and Definitions, along with brief explanations of each rule, and some illustrations.
- Add a rule to the Favorites list for quick reference.
- There are 7 quiz categories, each with 6 quizzes:
The Start; Sailing Upwind; The Windward Mark; Sailing Downwind; The Downwind Mark; The Finish; Signals
- Each quiz has a Situation, a Question, an Illustration, and a 3D animation. Answer the quiz and find out if you're right or wrong, and then review the rationale behind each answer.
- Tap anywhere on the quiz illustration to view and play the 3D Animation.
- Check the Rules relating to each Quiz: After you answer the quiz, select References to view the Rules and Definitions that figure in the decision.
- A Scoreboard in the Quiz section keeps track of your answers, so you can see how many quizzes you answered correctly and which Rules to Review you need to brush up on. Select Reset Scores to clear the Scoreboard and restart the quizzes.
- The quizzes are taken from the The International Sailing Association Federation CASE BOOK for 2009-2012, which consists of the authoritative worldwide interpretations of the Racing Rules of Saling ("RRS"); and from The Royal Yachting Association Case Book for 2009-2012, which contains the final decisions on appeals brought before the RYA.
- All the official ISAF racing signals are illustrated, with explanations.
- All the International Code Flags are also illustrated.
Only the official ISAF Definitions of terms used in the RRS are listed, with illustrations appended to the most significant definitions.
See the web site for a video demo: www.you-tack.com