For more than 50 years, The Harriet Lane Handbook has been the pediatrician's reference of choice and for good reason. Its unsurpassed diagnostic and management guidance, recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, and comprehensive drug formulary make it essential for anyone who treats children. This latest update is based on the 18th edition and it includes additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
Completely revised and updated with new scoring tools, interactive flowcharts and nearly 600 integrated weight-based dosing calculators, Skyscape's Harriet Lane Handbook sets a new standard as the essential decision support tool for anyone who treats children.
- Focuses on the safety and efficacy of drugs in children.
- Newly added palliative care section for more well-rounded guidance.
- Covers FDA Pregnancy Category notations and information on the effects of drugs in breast milk.
- Includes step-by-step emergency management protocols, growth charts, and more.
- Revised sections on toxicology, dermatology, and growth and nutrition help you streamline diagnosis and treatment.
- Incorporates the latest treatment and management recommendations, immunization guidelines, procedures, and therapeutic guidelines so you can stay completely up to date.
- Features sections on pediatric allergies covering food allergy, RAS testing vs. skin testing, etc. and rheumatologic disorders of children, including SLE, rheumatic fever, and JRA.
- Integrates key surgical topics, such as neonatal surgical issues encountered in the NICU and the acute abdomen in the ER, into existing topics.
- Can be fully cross-indexed with all of Skyscape's 600+ nursing and medical references through Skyscape's SmartLink technology.
This Skyscape trusted resource was created in partnership with Mosby - An imprint of Elsevier, Inc.
Content updates for 12 months and 90 days phone support (chat and email for a year) are included with your purchase.
ABOUT SKYSCAPE on iPhone and iPod touch
This app will install your new resource into the Skyscape Medical Resources environment. All Skyscape titles (over 600 of them, for all professions and specialties) and services like MedAlert™ and CME-STAT™ (coming soon) are accessed from within this environment.
Using our award winning technologies, including the patented SmartLink, Skyscape coordinates resources for drug information, interactions, clinical information, calculators, tools, clinical trial and research updates. We provide a single point of entry and seamless integration of resources, providing the best user experience for point of care decision support and research needs.
MEDICAL INFORMATION UNIVERSE
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 of the most highly regarded publishers in healthcare content as well as major medical associations, leading healthcare institutions, government agencies, and well-respected clinicians. The result is the largest and most trusted portfolio of mobile medical resources available for the iPhone and iPod touch.
From within the Skyscape Medical Resources app, choose the Universe page to see the full range of titles and tools for your profession and specialty.