This hilarious collection of humorous quotations, full of wisecracks and wit, snappy comments and inspired fantasy, has been specially chosen by Ned Sherrin. Now with even more quotes on more subjects: from Gambling to Hollywood, from Diets to Shopping. Find the best lines from your favourite jokesters and wordsmiths, add that extra something to a speech or presentation, or just enjoy a good laugh.
Oxford Paperback Reference
THE WORLD'S MOST TRUSTED REFERENCE BOOKS
- Ned Sherrin's personal choice
- Over 5,000 witty one-liners and sparkling anecdotes
- Over 200 subjects: from Gambling to Hollywood, from Diets to Shopping
- New quotations from the latest celebrities
- Adds that extra something to a speech or presentation
'If God had wanted us to bend over, He would have put diamonds on the floor.' Joan Rivers on Health
'It's hard to be funny when you have to be clean.' Mae West on Humour
'Don't get mad, get everything.' Ivana Trump on Marriage
'They misunderestimated me.' George W. Bush on Self-Knowledge
'If it's shiny, I buy it.' Graham Norton on Shopping
'Whales get killed only when they spout.' Denis Thatcher on Speeches
Cutting Edge iPhone reference App specially designed for the iPhone & iPod Touch and the Oxford Paperback Reference series.
- Email dictionary entries to friends & colleagues, or to yourself as a reminder
- Add Notes to any entry, then email the corresponding Notes to friends & colleagues & yourself.
- Unique "Frame in Frame" feature when viewed in the Horizontal plane, allows you to view both 'Index' and 'Definition Entry'.
- DictionaryApps search engine allows you to find the entry you need, quickly and effectively
- No internet connection required! Simply download once and the dictionary is ready to use anywhere and anytime at no additional charge.
- Bookmark unlimited entries
- Keep track of your search history logging your last 100 searches for a handy review
- New 'Fuzzy Search' logic allows users to search entries even when they are not sure of the spelling.