Credible advice and the right skills can help parents and stepparents find practical solutions to step family challenges. Helping Parents: Step Families brings the best practices right to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Using realistic video dramatizations, this app puts you right in the middle of some of the most common situations, and explores the most effective ways for keeping the peace and decreasing conflict.
Helping Parents: Step Families allows you to:
* View video dramatizations of common family situations found with stepfamilies
* Choose from three different endings to each story
* Learn the most effective parenting skills to use in each situation
* Read from a comprehensive collection of articles that contain parenting tips and advice
Eleven video dramatizations explore:
* Won't Accept Me
* Our Routine Conflict
* Withdrawn & Pulling Away
* Shows No Respect
* Falling Grades
* Unfinished Chores
See how the parents in the scenes handle the situation and get feedback on the basic Dos and Doníts of successful parenting.
The app also contains more than 50 articles and activity sheets including:
* Natural Adjustments of a New Step Family
* Plan Family Activities
* Nurturing Your Relationship - Activity Sheet
* Praise and Encouragement
* The Value of Providing Incentives
* The Arrival of a New Baby
* Negotiate New Family Holidays & Traditions - Activity Sheet
Finding common ground in step families can feel impossible, but with Helping Parents: Step Families on your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have an effective tool right at your fingertips.