Use trackr! GPS to share your whereabouts (both location and track) with other people. They can follow you on their own mobile phone, or using the website. You can use this for:
* Finding your friends and family
You can follow them on their holidays or see whether they are on time for dinner or stuck in a traffic jam.
* Security is important to everybody
You can follow your kids or spouse to be sure that they are well.
* Speed measurements
Speed is something that’s relevant for a lot of people. How fast did you ski? How fast is your boat? At what average speed did you drive?
With sports like jogging, cycling or skating you can register trails that you like and share it with others.
* If you use trackr! on your iPhone, people can see where you are on their own iPhone, but also on the website or on other mobile devices.
* Privacy control: you decide who gets to view your location data! There are three options: don't share information with anyone, share only with your authorized friends (default setting) or share with everybody.
* Save and share both current position and complete track including speed and altitude information.
* Your track is shown on a map. The color of the track changes according to the speed on that location. Immediately see where you went fastest and where you stopped.
* Show speed and altitude (if available) information about a track in a graph with date/time information.
* Measures and displays information like distance, duration, average speed and top speed. Shows address information for the first and last location for saved tracks and friends.
* Live sharing sends your location data to the server with regular intervals, so others can follow you.
* Offline usage possible: disabling live tracking still saves your track information on your phone, without using potentially expensive cellular network connections to regularly save this data to the website. You can use this for example to avoid excessive roaming charges.
* Locally saved tracks will be automatically uploaded to your history on the website as soon as live sharing is enabled again. Saved tracks (history) can be viewed on your phone as well as on the website.
* Show a list of your friends with information about when and how far away they were last seen.
* Show all friends on a map, or show an individual friend including his track and current speed, average speed, top speed, distance travelled, duration, address and altitude information (if available)
* Friend management: add new friends and authorize incoming friend requests
* Use settings to automatically stop a track if no motion is detected anymore. This saves precious battery life if you forget to manually stop tracking.
* Show distances and speed in (kilo)meters or miles, depending on your preference.
* Notify your friends that you are online by sending e-mail or posting Twitter updates.
* Get e-mail alerts of people entering or leaving an area by enabling geo-fencing on the trackr! website.
* Add a map with your current location to your own website.
* trackr! runs as a background application when using iOS 4.
* Important: your device needs GPS to be able to record and share your locations. So an iPod touch or Ipad without GPS won't do this! You can however use these devices to follow friends and family. An iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 will give the best experience.
* Continued use of GPS can seriously decrease battery life.
* We recommend a flat-fee cellular data subscription. You need uninterrupted internet access on your phone to be able to regularly send your live location information for others to see.
** Introduction price for limited time! **