"Dam good ***** - This app organizes the most commonly used Chinese symbols in an orderly, accessible fashion." - by Push926
"Fun and Easy! *****" - by Ryan1223432
"Very helpful. I am looking forward for more updates! *****" - by Nightreaver
"This App is Awesome! *****" - by RebeccaTVS
"Awesome! Thanks! Love the historical info because it all makes so much more sense. *****" - by Jondailey
This application introduces Chinese characters to non-native speakers or young kids in a fun and intuitive way: to understand their origins as pictures of the objects they represent.
For example, the Chinese character for Sun was originally a circle with a dot in its center. It has evolved over the history, but you can still find traces of its original shape.
Besides explaining the picture meanings, this application also demonstrates the correct way of pronouncing and writing the characters. It even let you practice on your iPhone side by side with the demonstration. You'll find that you will be able to read and write dozens of Chinese characters in no time!
* An introduction covering the basics of the Chinese language, including its grammar, stroke order rules, the Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and so on.
* Character are introduced with their picture origins.
* An index page of characters listed in alphabetical order, with search functionality. Users can search with character's pinyin, Chinese writing, or the English meanings.
* Recorded Character sound
* Character writing demonstrations and practice screens. You can practice writing Chinese characters right on your device screen!
* You need only buy this application once, you can then run it on your iPod Touch, iPhone, and/or iPad!
About the Releases
This app was initially released as version number 0.5, which means a "half" release. More characters and features have since been added. As of version 0.95 we have almost had every feature in place, but new characters and features will continue to be added in later releases as deemed useful for our users.