"The interactive features, cute little Penguin and his fun friends make this app a hit with toddlers." from PadGadget.com
Watch our demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q711-en7LuQ.
Delight your child with this colorful and engaging app that includes an interactive, talking story, coloring pages designed just for little fingers, and unique skill-building activities.
Penguin loves snowy days. One snowy day means... one wooly hat, two warm mittens, and so much more for Penguin and friends. This story is perfect for the youngest readers, with fun sound effects, characters that talk, and touchable objects that reinforce the learning experience. The coloring activity gives your child a palette of 10 "snowflake" colors and a mini-eraser that are sized just right for small hands to tap and fill favorite scenes from the story. And the creative play activity reinforces counting and provides hours of interactive skill-building fun!
Brought to life from the tiger tales early learning book, this is a wonderful app for sharing the joys of reading and counting with your child. Like our award winning "Read-a-Long, Sing-a-Long" lullabies, "One Snowy Day" features additional functions designed to enrich the reading experience for children. If you would like your child to learn about colors, look for "One Rainy Day: A Read-along, Play-along Story about Colors".
* Whimsically illustrated pages, from the original paintings from the tiger tales children's book "One Snowy Day," written by Tammi Salzano and illustrated by Hannah Wood, published Fall, 2010.
* Softly lit words that help users follow the narration—great for even the youngest readers!
* Professional recordings of narration and silly, fun voices and sound effects.
* Read to me option: listen to the professional narration and follow the softly lit words on each screen. Enjoy the sound effects and touchable characters and objects.
* Read by myself option: read this children's book at your own pace. The sound effects and touchable characters and objects are still available.
* Touch the characters to hear more than just the book's text. Penguin and friends have lots to say!
* Touch the objects: each new number and object introduced in the story becomes a 'clickable' that repeats its name and value, reinforcing learning to count.
* Coloring activity includes four favorite scenes from the book and is designed as a tap-and-fill action that makes it easy for even the youngest readers. Tap a color then tap the part of the picture you want to fill. Erase and do it again!
* Creative play activity is so much fun, kids won't even realize that they're building key early learning skills—practicing counting, reinforcing number comprehension, and following directions. Ten activity screens prompt the user to drag the correct number of objects into the story screen. Drag the wrong object into place and it flies back. Drag the right number and hear it repeated once more.
mytales digital is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended ages: 1-3, 3-6
Categories: Early Learning, Counting, Numbers, Creative Play, Reading