Do you want quick answers to the questions you have about animals? What do they look like? Where do they live? What do they eat? How many young do they have? Are they active during the day or night? How long do thyey live? Are they endangered?
Animals of the World is the all-inclusive guide to more than 500 of the most common animals on the planet. Realistically illustrated in full color for quick and easy identification, each animal species is described in depth, including their:
• scientific name (genus and species name)
• range (where on the planet each animal lives)
• habitat (what kind of habitat – forest, wetland, desert, etc. – is home)
• physical traits (size, shape, color, identifying traits)
• habits (time of day it its active, behaviors that stand out, solitary of group animal, etc.)
• diet (what each animal eats)
• reproductive features (how long females are pregnant, how many young, its care for young)
• full classification (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species)
• full color body diagram (color illustration with identifying features – ready to print out)
In addition, users can find animals in one large alphabetized list or search by:
• class (mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, etc.)
• habitat (desert, rainforest, grassland, wetland, mountain, arctic, etc.),
• location (North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc.)
• and several special traits (poisonous, endangered, nocturnal, camouflaged, etc.)
Created in collaboration with Exploringnature.org, an award-winning educational website used by teachers worldwide, Animals of the World is designed for multipurpose use as a:
• general learning guide about animals
• field guide to identify animals you’ve seen
• visual aid while teaching about animals and/or habitats
• resource for writing animal reports
• reference for sketching your own animal drawings
• source for animal pictures to print out
Animals of the World is a must for animal lovers of all ages everywhere.
In a special affiliation with Exploringnature.org, educators who purchase 20+ copies of Animals of the World for the classroom, can now receive a FREE subscription to www.exploringnature.org (a value of $50) for your school. Exploringnature.org has more than 5,000 web pages of illustrated science resources, including: animals, plants, biomes, life cycles, food webs, ecology, biology, classification, anatomy and genetics, animal coloring, labeling and how-to-draw pages, science activities, games, puzzles, visual aids, movies and much more. Check out the Free Gift for School Buyers Link.
We welcome suggestions for adding new animals, creating new references or even pointing out typos (we love teachers!).