Montessori* Letter Sounds in French is a French language app to get children ready for reading.
Montessori* Letter Sounds in French teaches them letter sounds (and not letter names). Based on sounds games, it is a wonderful preparation to reading. It works in 4 steps:
- Around 3 years old: « la boite à sons» (soundbox) will allow children to identify sounds at the beginning, inside and at the end of words. We have also included « out of the box » words to enrich children’s vocabulary.
- Around 4 years old: « La boite à lettres» (letterbox) is an important step leading to the memorization of all the letter sounds and letter shapes (in cursive).
- Between 4 and 5: « Images et Lettres » (mix and match) brings together the two first steps with 3 games of mix and match.
- Around 4 1/2 years old: « La dictée muette » (spelling game) is for children who are ready to start sounding out words.
Each one of these steps is designed like a three period lesson: discover/learn, answer directed questions (show me…) and answer open questions (what is this ?).
Children will find each step fun and motivating thanks to :
- Recording options
- Mutli-colored marbles distributed for each correct answer. The system keeps track of the marbles for each player. Marbles are used to unblock game levels to ensure that children have played with one level enough to access the next one.
Also, a « boite à outils » (toolbox) offers children the possibility to:
- hear all the letter sounds and see the different writings
- trace letters in a notebook (on white or lined paper)
- trace letters in a sandbox
- see all the pictures and hear all the names of the objects (great for vocabulary)
The Montessori Method is based on sensorial learning. Its main goals are to develop children’s autonomy and self-confidence.
This app is ideal for children between 3 and 7 years old.
Les Trois Elles was founded by Montessori teachers, mothers to 10 children in total. Our aim is to develop a range of truly educational as well as beautiful apps based on the Montessori Method.
SUPPORT/FEEDBACK: For any technical support or just to give us your feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook (Les Trois Elles Interactive or Numberland) and Twitter (@Numberlandles3L):
Les Trois Elles is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7
Categories: Early learning, Reading, Foreign Language, Special Needs