Spine Pro III allows users to cut, zoom & rotate the spine for an in-depth look at its anatomy. Spine Pro III is broken into four main areas: Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacrum and allows users to create transverse cuts to view the inner mechanics of the spine. In addition, Spine Pro III’s scalpel tool provides the ability to cut away different layers to reveal blood vessels, nerves, connective tissue, ligaments and three layers of muscle. Spine Pro III offers views of each individual vertebra and includes images isolating elements of the spine, audio pronunciations and animations detailing major spine disease states and injuries/treatments.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/spine_pro.php
This app contains 48 animations detailing disease states and injuries/treatments including:
Osteoporotic Compression Fracture, Bone Tumors, Cauda Equina Syndrome,
Degenerative Disc Disease, Discitis, Facet Joint Syndrome,
Foraminal Stenosis, Herniated Disc, Kyphosis,
Laminectomy, Ligament Sprains, Lordosis,
Lytic Spondylolisthesis, Muscle Spasms, Muscle Strains,
Myleopathy, Neural Tumors, Osteoarthritis/Spondylosis,
Osteoporatic Compression Fracture, Radiculopathy, Sacrioiliac Dysfunction,
Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis,
Spondylolysis, Trauma, Whiplash
• 42 additional animations showing muscle and skeletal movements.
• Isolated images showing nerves, connective tissue, ligaments and muscles of the spine.
• 250+ audio pronunciations - one for each label.
• I/O Maps: insertion and origin points of each muscle mapped on to the bone.
• On-screen graphical hints that can be turned on/off, for a complete understanding of all the apps features.
• Interface that's comprehensively built to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix Layers to make one layer semi-transparent and compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: post or browse through shared public notes.
• 360-degree horizontal rotation of the spine for anterior, lateral, posterior, and medial views - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views.
• Use your finger to slice for transverse views of the spine and it’s areas (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacrum).
• Cross section views show all nervous, vascular and skeletal systems with detailed information at the touch of a pin.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Double Tap to zoom in and identify any part of the spine.
• Customize pins to create your own pins/notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the app by using the settings function to choose which pins appear within the app and customize to different levels (i.e. high school, nurses, patients, etc.).
• Test yourself with Drag & Drop and/or Multiple Choice quizzes.
This app's primary use is as a learning tool, but it can also be used as a quick reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select any pin in the app -- and the app will automatically find and identify it.
This app is ideally suited for chiropractors, physical therapists, physicians and educators to explain spine conditions, ailments, injuries, and treatments to patients and/or students. It can also be used to refresh core skills and as a knowledge base for medical professionals and educators.